Rhonda Jenkins Reynen Court, Chief Transformation Officer
Wendy Curtis Orrick, Chief Innovation Officer
Scott Fuller Applied Materials, Sr. Director of Operations
Vedika Mehera Orrick, Innovation Advisor
Program Level: Beginnner
Duration: 60 minutes
Delivery Date: October 21, 2019
Release Date: November 10, 2019
This session covers foundational principles and ideas around innovation (tech and non-tech) in the legal industry and how organizations and law departments are approaching innovation in their businesses. With a range of perspectives from the startup world to the law firm world, the discussion spans different ideas on the impact and importance of people, process, data, and technology, common mistakes in the adoption of technology, best practices for avoiding these mistakes, how roles and responsibilities in the legal industry are changing, and much more.
At the end of this session, participants will:
- – Understand what legal innovation means to different organizations
- – Understand why data and metrics are so crucial to organizations today
- – Understand some best practices for adopting and upgrading technology, addressing change management, and tackling knowledge management
- – Appreciate the interconnectivity between law departments, law firms, and legal tech companies
- – Appreciate the impact that diversity can have in fostering an innovative culture
This program is currently available for general credit in the following states:
In addition, we have applied for credit in the following states, and will promptly update the list above as the program is approved in each such state:
*In Hawaii and New Jersey, we rely on their reciprocity policies pursuant to which our programs are deemed accredited once they are approved in the various reciprocity states where we apply such as California, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
For information on attendance reporting, please refer to the CLE Info page.
Chief Transformation Officer, Reynen Court
Chief Innovation Officer, Orrick
Sr. Director of Operations, Applied Materials
Innovation Advisor, Orrick