Randal Shaheen BakerHostetler, Partner
Nancy Dowling Danone, General Counsel, Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products
Gina Bianchi Danone North America, Deputy General Counsel
Isha Saini Danone North America, Director, Regulatory Affairs
Categories:Marketing & Advertising
Program Level: Intermediate
Duration: 60 Minutes
Recorded On: April 21, 2020
Danone’s in-house counsel and regulatory expert join their outside counsel at BakerHostetler in an engaging and informative discussion about the development and substantiation of a claim in connection with the marketing of a global product.
The in-house panelists describe their respective roles within Danone’s global legal department and how they engage with the company’s marketing teams to develop and scope out health and taste claims that are in alignment with the company’s culture, priorities and risk profile. They also address the benefits of using a KOL, how to keep the advertising claim development and substantiation processes on schedule, and the importance of creating a proper record for substantiating any such claim. The panelists close with best practices for assessing, and educating a marketing team on, the risks associated with a proposed advertising-related claim, and, if and when necessary, saying “no”.
At the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The role of in-house counsel in the development and substantiation of a claim in connection with the marketing of a product;
- The role of a regulatory expert in the development and substantiation of a claim in connection with the marketing of a product;
- The organizational structure and decision-making processes within the legal department of a global food company;
- The processes for, and risks associated with, developing a claim in connection with the marketing of a product, nationally and worldwide;
- The processes for, and risks associated with, substantiating a claim in connection with the marketing of a product, nationally and worldwide; and
- How in-house counsel and regulatory experts can work with their marketing teams to ensure that advertising-related claims align with the company’s culture and risk profile.
This program is currently available for 1.0 general credit in the following states:
In addition, we have applied for credit in the following states, and will promptly update the list above as the program is approved in each such state:
*In Hawaii and New Jersey, we rely on their reciprocity policies pursuant to which our programs are deemed accredited once they are approved in the various reciprocity states where we apply such as California, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
For information on attendance reporting, please refer to the CLE Info page.
General Counsel, Essential Dairy and Plant Based Products, Danone
Deputy General Counsel, Danone North America
Director, Regulatory Affairs, Danone North America